E3 Spark Plugs Digs Video that Captures Pure Joy of Dogs in Cars
If you’re a dog lover with a vehicle of any sort, you know that pooches love to take rides, preferably shotgun with the windows down. So, we here at E3 Spark Plugs bet you’ll appreciate this beautifully produced video by director Keith Hopkin.
With a camera mounted on the hood of an SUV, just outside the passenger window, Hopkin produced this slow-motion video that perfectly captures the pure elation of a dog going for a cruise with his/her human. We dare you to try to watch without cracking a smile. Meanwhile, if you’re in the market for a dog-friendly ride, here are a few features to look for:
- A backdoor or hatch that opens up so your pet can easily jump into and out of the vehicle;
- Backseats that fold flat or are removable so Fido and Fluffy will have plenty of room, especially if they’ll be taking the trip in a crate;
- Waterproof seat covers because accidents happen. And they stink;
- Spacious cargo areas with attachment devices, so your pups and all their stuff (crates, dog food bags, water, etc.) will have lots of room and can be harnessed so they won’t slip and slide all over the place when you swerve or hit the brakes. In-floor storage bins help tremendously, too;
- A pet barrier or cargo divider that keeps your dog from lunging into the front seat while you’re trying to drive;
- A low profile so your short-legged and elder pets can climb in and out easily. Bonus points if the car has a built-in, fold-out ramp (if not, you can buy them separately, too);
- Back windows that roll down and/or a sunroof or moonroof. A dog’s gotta breathe, after all;
- Rear AC vents, so your dog can keep his cool;
- A removable cargo liner and non-carpeted walls and floors to make cleaning out your car and removing that funky dog smell a whole lot easier;
- Childproof windows and door locks so your beloved pet can’t accidentally (or on purpose, as some are super smart) open them and bolt.
Got great pics or video of your pet enjoying a car ride? Post them on the E3 Spark Plugs Facebook Fan Page.