The Washington Auto Show started January 27 and won’t wrap up until Sunday. But E3 Spark Plugs has already seen enough fun stuff to declare the event a success. Here’s a few of our top sights:
- Toyota’s FCV-R Hydro concept car: This sleek sedan designed to run on hydrogen has seating for four and impressive luggage space, thanks to the housing of the fuel cell beneath a specially designed body shell. The company aims to launch a fuel cell vehicle by 2015.
- Vintage ponies: A whole lineup of vintage Ford Mustangs proved a scene stealer for the classic muscle car-loving show-goers.
- Famous faces: President Barack Obama stopped by for chats with a few of the top automaker executives and an inside look at a few choice vehicles. J.R. Martinez, the former soldier who famously survived a landmine explosion while serving in Iraq and came home to win So You Think You Can Dance and become a sought-after motivational speaker, also made an appearance. Multiple Washington Redskins players showed up too, as did Jersey Shore’s Snooki Polizzi.
- Cram the Cube: A contest in which 20 people with no shame crammed themselves into a Nissan Cube.
- The USA Cheerleaders: No explanation necessary.
So what was your favorite feature at the Washington Auto Show? Post your comments and pics on the E3 Spark Plugs Facebook fan page.